Friday, July 10, 2009

My Old Friend, The Serpent

So, I got a piece of mail from the Campaign for Liberty today. The envelope was a warm, glowing gold and on the bottom right was the "Don't Tread on Me" serpent in all its defiant splendor. The sense of longing and loss was, in a minor way, not unlike the feeling I had shortly after a close friend of mine passed away.

I feel cut off from a part of me. I'm not sure what to do without it. Maybe I'm just being stupid with all this talk of giving up on politics. I don't know how extreme I need to be with myself. Would reading the mail be a big deal at all? Well, the primary aim of the contents inside will be to get me angry and riled up.

I just can't open it.

*sigh*

For now, the mail will just sit on my dresser like a memorial because I find myself unable to throw it away. I already got rid of a small, upside down American flag that was hanging over my television.

I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, sigh. Don't give up! It's commendable to be politically aware and insightful.

    ReplyDelete